Friday, May 4, 2012

Green juice

So I read on a friend's blog about how she has made smoothies for her kids with spinach in them. Let me just say that veggies gross me out. I really hate vegetables, but I try to eat them and I've made them a part of my kid's diet since they were 6 months old. So mostly I wanted to start making these smoothies for myself! Trust me, I would not eat them if you could taste the spinach...but you can't! It's awesome! I sliced some bananas and froze them. The first smoothie I made I just used the bananas, some strawberries, a handful of spinach leaves, and some apple juice. It was seriously delicious. The next one I ran out of strawberries so I just used a very ripe pear and I think that one was even better. And more green, which is Mary's favorite color:)

Anyway, the kids loved them and I found a way to eat spinach without wanting to throw up! I highly recommend them.

No comments: