Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gymnastics class

Baby girl took a gymnastics class:) When she was two I used to get so nervous because she would hide behind me if anyone looked at her. Especially since I knew we would homeschool I got self conscious about that because I didn't want people to think she was strange. 

It was a real growing experience for myself not to put that pressure on her. I remind myself that no matter what others think we are doing what God wants our family to be doing and I love Mary for who she is. 

As it turns out that concern isn't even valid anymore because she is very brave and pretty friendly. I almost cried today (because having kids has turned me into a sap) when I brought her to gymnastics camp in a place she's never been before and she headed right out on to the floor when her group was called. She turned for a second and said, "where will you be?" It takes a lot of courage to walk into a new place where you don't know anyone and hop right in. But she did great and I'm so proud of her:)

No comments: