Sunday, July 27, 2014

Getting through it

So the past two weeks have been hard. Mostly because we are transitioning and change is just hard. Overall J is doing great. He sleeps and eats well, he's already learned a couple signs and he is definitely responding to the boundaries we put in place, but that response is slow.

There are a few things that are really helping me during this time. One is the AMAZING support of our church and family. So many people want to meet baby J and hold him and play with him. It is such a help when I've spent the whole day telling him to STOP shrieking at the top of his lungs and I want to pull my ears out. This would be a great thing to pray for; the shrieking really gets under my skin. Pray I can remember that he is valuable because God made him, not for anything he has to offer us.

 Another support is holding to the truths I feel God has strongly put on my heart lately:
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts. ~ Isaiah 55:9
No matter what I think is best for J, God KNOWS what is best and his plan wont fail. I wrote down a few other verses one morning last week when I had some time to myself and it is so nice to look back at them on hard days.

And finally, right before we got J we downloaded this album from iTunes and it has been so encouraging. God's timing is perfect. One of my favorite songs says this:
How can it be, the One who died,
Has borne our sin through sacrifice
To conquer every sting of death?
Sing, sing hallelujah. 
The power that raised Him from the grave
Now works in us to powerfully save.
He frees our hearts to live His grace;
Go tell of His goodness.

He’s alive, He’s alive!
Heaven’s gates are opened wide.
He’s alive, He’s alive!
Now in heaven glorified. 
What great reminders right? My kids are probably tired of these songs because we listen to them often. It's very grounding to have this on throughout the day. I wish I could post pictures of him because his smile would brighten your day! He has started to really warm up to us so we get to see his smiles often.
 
 

No comments: