Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

The past 5 days have been wonderful. Just WONDERFUL! Ian has been off and it's been so nice to be able to just spend time with family and get some things done around the house. No meetings. Nothing we "had" to do. Just time to be together! I feel like we really maximized that time so I'm going to miss it the next few weeks. Then he will have more time off for Christmas:) On Thursday we went to my dad's and got to see my granny. She lives in Kentucky so I rarely see her. It was a really special time for me. And I think she made a new friend:
He seriously LOVED her. He just stared at her and kept giggling over and over. One time my dad had him and he started to cry, granny walked over and he smiled wide and started to giggle! I hope that it was a great moment for her too.

Then Friday we went to my mom's for a more traditional american thanksgiving meal. We have non-Turkey themes each year at my dad's, so I generally plan for a regular american thanksgiving meal some time too. Here's the whole fam:
And the cousin besties:
Those two are so loud fun together! It was another great night with family. I made some of my personal favorite dishes and we got to feast together and remember the things we are thankful for!

No comments: