Thursday, November 15, 2012

Selah

That's the name of my friend's kid:) It means to pause and reflect. In mid-october me, that friend, and our other friend went on a mommy's getaway overnight! We went up to Oxford and hung out for the day, then stayed the night at Hueston Woods Lodge. It was SOOOOOOOO awesome. I cannot add enough o's to stress how awesome it was. The best thing was the time I took to pause my life. To read God's word, pray, and just be in His creation. It was so so great and reminded me of how often I used to do that. In college or even leading YL we went on weekends all the time. We got away to where there are few distractions. I rarely do that now. On my days without kids you know what I do? Sleep. And when I wake up I grab a snack, then sleep some more. Or try to cram 5 errands into two hours so I don't have to bring three kids with me.

But on that weekend I got to spend some much needed time with my Savior and felt really convicted that he wants more of my time like that. Here we are resting by the lake:
Is it just me or can you actually see our smiles stretching all the way to our ears?? Our view from our room, with some slightly bad editing:
I'm still working on the fill function in photoshop, which is incredible.
Note to self: plan more weekends like this in the future. Soon.

No comments: