Wednesday, February 16, 2011

homemade gifts

I've made a lot of homemade gifts in the past couple months so I thought I would share some here because I know there are some frugal women who read this and want ideas. I already posted this frame, but recently a friend asked me to make one for her daughter so I thought I'd post it as an idea. These frames cost like $5 at Hobby Lobby and if you use a half price coupon...so cheap.

I made this gift for some special people in our lives:) Actually
they haven't all received it yet so Hank if you're reading this don't show Connie!

It's pretty easy, you just have to be able to cut a 4x4 (which is actually 3.5x3.5) into cubes because they can't do it at home depot. The lady tried but couldn't get a straight cut. Then spray paint black, print out some letters, pictures, poems, etc. and attach with Mod Podge. I also spray a clear coat of workable fixatif over the top.
I also made these cards. And if you're into crochet or knitting you can make lots with that, but one thing I really like is getting someone a book and crocheting a bookmark to go with it. You can even put their name on it with a slip stitch. You just have to use that really thin and sturdy yarn and a tiny hook. There's one more thing I'm making for friends that are getting married this year but none are finished yet so I'll have to share later! It involves pictures of letters and their last names:)

No comments: