Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fabulous weekend

My weekend started on Friday! Ian stayed with the kids and I got the entire day off. First time since Noah was born and it was AWESOME! I went to Panera and spent some quiet time reading, then a friend met me for breakfast. I went on to get a massage at Mitchel's which was heavenly. Then I had bible study with my high school girls, then back home to cook up some pasta and take it over to our good friend's house to have dinner with them. Perfect day. And Saturday only got better! For Ian's birthday I got him tickets to Fiddler on the Roof and my mom got him a gift card to Boi na Braza. We experienced both of those things on Saturday:) Fiddler was great, although I was a little disappointed at the end. I thought there should have been more. But Boi na Braza did not disappoint at all! It was soooo delicious. I need to go google parmesan pork loin and figure out how to make that as great as they did. And their cheese bread, which seemed more like a cheese popover to me, was the best thing I've ever tasted. Yes, better than Arby's curly fries and a flubs cyclone, and if you know me well that's saying a lot. I think I ate 6 of them. And I wanted more, but that's a classy place and I already felt like I was in a fishbowl. I didn't want them judging me for stuffing my face (well...more so than I already had). Although it is a place with all you can eat meat that is brought around to your table...so I'm not sure how judgmental they can be.

Anyway, it was a great weekend, but I'm glad to have my babies back in their beds tonight. I missed them with all my time off! I also bought two more books on Friday because I was right by half price and I found two books on my required reading list for Doula certification. Let's just forget about the 15 books waiting on my shelf for me already. It was half price! And I'll need them eventually. That's how I justify it to myself;)

No comments: