Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crochet

I've gotten back into crocheting. It started when a fellow blogger posted some pictures of some hats she'd made her kids and then I thought, 'my kids need hats, and I'm tired of looking around for ones I like!' So I made them hats. Then I got crochet fever. So I bought a book called Baby Blueprints Crochet and I've been making the things in that book. If you want to crochet things for your kids or for other people's kids as gifts that book is seriously awesome. I like every single pattern in that book. It's worth it. Here are some of the things I've made:
The dress is gigantic. I used a bigger size yarn than you were supposed to, but I thought that would just make it a little bigger (I wanted it a little bigger than the largest pattern size). But it made it A LOT bigger. This thing isn't going to fit her until she's 5.

And a couple hats as gifts:


I also just finished the sweater that is on the cover of the book, but didn't take any pictures of it yet. It's the most adorable sweater! I want to make some socks next, but sock yarn is expensive! And socks are so cheap.

No comments: