Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sound the bells


The potty bells:)We've been putting Mary on the potty for about 2 weeks now. We got the advice from a friend (and from Baby Whisperer) to start putting kids on the potty at an early age so they get used to sitting on it. And they eventually will go on it through sheer probability. Then you really hype it up when they go in the potty. So I thought why not give it a try. I wanted to go with a pretty laid back approach anyway since baby #2 is going to be here in 2 months. Plus, I've seen kids get pretty anti-potty as they get older. Well yesterday was Mary's first time hitting the mark. I was so excited I think I scared her. I'm not always the most patient person when I don't see results (it's not a virtue, I'm just being honest), so I was thinking of calling it quits. But I think we'll continue putting her on a few times a day and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If she's anything like Ian, she'll be in there a lot.
- Erin