Thursday, January 16, 2014

Quoteable: homeschool edition

Mary has this little notebook where I write sentences from our reading book and she has to illustrate them then rewrite the sentence. Usually I sit with her while she does this as we're working on making full sentences and leaving spaces between words, and you can see below that she clearly just rushes through the work when I don't sit and have her go slow. But today I said, "you know what to do, I'm going to go help the boys so just bring this to me when you're done..."

Me (pointing at the illustration): so Mary what's happening here? 
Mary (points at what I suspect is poop coming from the man): those are the lumps. I didn't really know what they were so I just drew that.
Me: ummmm ok so what do you think these words say?
Mary: brad has the best band of lumps!

Couldn't have done this better myself.

No comments: