Monday, January 14, 2013

at a loss for words

Today I watched a video that I will never forget and I also don't know how to process. It is a video about a case where a doctor who performed abortions at his clinic was arrested and charged with the murder of 6 infants (who survived the abortion procedure) and one woman who died after having an abortion. The way he killed the surviving infants was to clip their spinal cords...with surgical scissors. They showed a picture of the baby's severed spinal cord. This is the image I will never forget. It reminded me of an image I saw before that I will post below (warning: it's graphic! But it's reality in this country).

My main question is why was this man prosecuted? The intent of the procedure was to kill the baby. Is it that much worse that his second attempt at their lives worked? This is how backwards our country is. They will prosecute a man for killing 6 babies when he really killed hundreds if not thousands! It's just the manner of the murder.

It is utterly disgusting to me. What's worse is that women have been dupped into believing that somehow this is a woman's rights issue. You could possibly make that arguement, but for the pro-life side. Far more female infants are aborted world wide than male. This is a human rights issue and, as the woman on the video suggested, a civil rights issue (more african americans die each year from abortion than from any other cause).

If you want to watch the video it will be well worth your time. And please, share it! You can find it here.

No comments: