Monday, December 17, 2012

The beginning of the Lubbers family

The other day I was rummaging through our closet and came across a box full of mementos from the beginning of mine and Ian's relationship. I thought I would share a few of those mementos here because they are awesome. First up we have the NOTE that he used to ask me out. Yes, a note folded into the shape of a paper football. Like middle schoolers use:

 You're going to want to click on this next picture so you can see the full size image that I, for some reason, can't get to turn portrait style... The "no" box is tiny down at the bottom and outside of it says, "check here - Poseidon" HAHAHAHAHA
 I absolutely love that letter. It was so hilarious to me then and still makes me laugh out loud. The next note is one he wrote me, I believe, before a fall weekend when I was leading at Ross. It is a drawing of how we met.
 
The next picture is two index cards which my MOH used, along with gifts, to tell me that we were going to Rockbridge (AKA the greatest place on earth) for my bachelorette weekend. It was insane, and probably the best planning that Lindsey has ever done.
 The program from our wedding, which was put together by my (crazy mad graphic skills) sister in law:

 And the engagement announcement my mom put in the paper:
 Do people still do these? I haven't read a newspaper in like 10 years, but I still think it's awesome to be in one. Even if my mom put me there. Anyway, these were such great memories for me! I hope I can show them to my kids one day when they understand just how meaningful all these things are.

No comments: