Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Drs appointments

1 down 2 to go. The kids had their check ups this morning and I have two appointments in the next week. One for the surgeon and one with my baby deliverer. I'll just remind myself how glad I am that we have doctors to go to in the first place:) We got our first real lecture about how under weight Mary is. She gave us different ideas about how to fatten her up and I just kept my mouth shut about how much the kid eats because I knew that would just make the lecture longer. She's been in the lower percentiles for over a year now and no one else has said anything...it's just weird how doctors in the same practice can say such different things. Noah, on the other hand, is overweight! Mary was the same way at first so the doctor wasn't very concerned. Actually Mary's weight gain slowed down when I weaned her, so I guess my milk is just super fattening! Both of them are doing well besides that though.

The other day I was reading Psalm 139 to Noah and telling him how his value comes from being made in the image of God and how he will never be able to do anything that will make him more valuable to us. This is something I want both of my kids to know. I don't care if they're smart, athletic, beautiful, or anything else that people generally desire. God loves them, and me and daddy love them, simply because they exist. Psalm 139:13-16 says

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Get that? I hope my kids do. It will be among the first verses Mary memorizes when we start "school" in the spring. Mary and Noah were God's work of art before I even knew they existed. Who am I to wish something upon God's work of art? I hope they never feel pressure from me to be something important. They already are something important:)

No comments: