Monday, February 16, 2009

Family goodness


I have to say that I LOVE my family, and I'm so blessed by them. Last night Ian and I cuddled and watched 2 hours of The Office, thanks to Kurt and Marie for letting us borrow season 2! It was so great to just relax. And today Ed, Theresa and Tyler came over so that Ed could fix our kitchen counter. It was so great to see the Buehlers and for Tyler and Mary to get to see each other. Tyler is only 1.5 months younger than Mary. It's such a blessing to have good friends with kids the same age. I can't wait to take vacations with our kids!

I also think I'm blessed as a stay at home mom with days like this. It gets kinda boring sometimes (hence all the random shopping trips and the reason my credit card bill has been crazy for the past few months). So it's nice to have days like this where there are a lot of people around to talk to!

Jacob is working redoing our kitchen for us but I think I take up half of his time by talking to him. I always monopolize his and Amber's time because they walk in the door and I'm like "Oooo adult interaction!!!" And I make them talk to me. It will be nice in the spring when we can go to the park!

Also, tonight we had dinner with some of my favorite people! About 40 high school students who love the LORD and their peers. It's so great to be around them and to serve with them. I am always encouraged when we have gatherings with them.

There are really no complaints about life right now. Mary is healthy and doing well. Ian is a great husband. And my kitchen is almost done!! Woot! I'll probably post pictures when it's completely done because I'm excited. However, most of you wont notice a difference ;) The look is the same, just different types of cabinets for more space and a new counter top. Next up...new floors :) Then I will never want to move!

ps...check out Mary's chunky leg in this picture.

2 comments:

La Resa's Blog said...

i think they're destined for each other . . . ;)

could you email me those pictures from today?? Thanks!
Theresa

ylmurph said...

you hadn't seen season 2 yet? I can't imagine how great it would be to watch an entire season of the Office all at once. It's just too good to wait though...