Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ephesians 6:12

image from faithgateway.com

This verse has been the theme of my life lately. When I typed it into google images a million images came up, but I feel like this one just paints a thousand words over my life right now. I'm trying to get over my frustration with not knowing anything about what's going on with J's case and the fact that no one is getting back to me. Honestly right now I'm not pro-union or pro-administration I am just pro-my workers coming back because they got things done! My struggle is not against flesh and blood...

Mostly I've been reminding myself of this verse with J. I keep thinking if I can just get him to quit throwing this loud, crazy tantrums things will be so much better, but that does not line up with this verse. A couple people have told me that he's changed so much since he came to us and that is so helpful for me to hear. I'm still dealing with the annoying behaviors every day, but when I think back to how he was when he came it's like night and day! He is learning so much about communication and has been signing and saying things that his tantrums are much less frequent. He is attached to us now and knows that we are the ones to take care of him whereas at first he would go to anyone and didn't know where to turn if he got hurt. And best of all...he's happy! We see his smile all day, get cuddles and hugs from him, and hear his laughter often. That was not the case for the first month or so.

So please keep praying for our hearts. That we would just take things as they come and try not to stress about not being able to get information or help his mom. God is still in control!

No comments: