Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Quotable

I was getting ready to take the kids to a friends house for our mini homeschool co-op and she had called to say there was a big, mean looking dog outside her house with no leash and no owner in sight... So I told Ian about that as me and the kids were leaving and the kids overheard me telling him. Here is the conversation that ensued:

Mary: mommy I don't want to go over there.
Me: that dog isn't going to hurt you. It will probably be gone before we get there! But we will check and we won't get out if it's there.
Mary: well maybe L can just come in our car and we can do school in here.
Me: I'm not sure that would work. It will really be ok mare.
Mary: ok...well we could always call 911! They help.
Noah: oh yeah! Cause police mens always have great ideas!
...
Noah: or we could fight him!
Mary: no Noah we can't! It won't work because we don't have our swords!
Noah: that's ok Mary I'll protect you.

Bahahaha! What's he going to do? Wrangle the dog with his bare hands? The other day he did pick up a spider (with his hand...not even a tissue!) that freaked me out and threw it in the garbage. Taking care of mama. But on a positive note, she remembered about 911! 

No comments: