Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

A couple pictures from our Easter egg hunt last weekend:





I'm not sure where eggs and Easter bunnies came from, but I am sure that all the materialistic-ness of Easter is no good. I'm down for the occasional egg hunt, don't get me wrong. But one way we try to redeem these things our culture does that Mary really loved this year was to use these resurrection eggs. They are made by family life so how can you go wrong with that?! In our brokenness we try to take every celebration that has something to do with God and make it about toys, a fake man in a suit, or a stuffed bunny. So in our family we are always trying to find ways to point our kids to what we are really celebrating. The resurrection eggs are a pretty cool way to do that. Mary didn't really understand much of it yet. I'm pretty sure the only thing she took away from it is that Jesus rode on a donkey because he didn't have a car...but we'll get there.

No comments: