Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tomorrow

I am so pumped for tomorrow. Usually I'm not a fan of "artsy" things. Things that stray from the norm that I'm used to. I'm a very practical person so when we do things at church like have time for reflection or make detailed videos I always wonder 'what is this accomplishing???' This clashes in a big way with people at our church because there are many artists there. Film makers, graphic designers, and in general people who like to create. At first I didn't see the value in this because I don't generally see beauty and emotionalism as super valuable. But you know what? God has really softened my heart in this area. God made things beautiful and he didn't have to. He gave us emotions. He brought all these wonderfully creative people into my life for a reason and now I can't help but love them! And I'm starting to see the value in all the talents that they have.

You may be wondering why I'm talking about all this. Tomorrow at church we are having worship, and they are showing a short film that was (or should I say, is probably still in process) made by a couple very talented people in our church. That's it, and then we're having lunch. I think this film will be very powerful because it is people who have gone through situations that most of us only have nightmares about, but they have been made new and redeemed by Jesus. Come and see! Here is a preview:

No comments: