Friday, March 18, 2011

Bread:)

We loves carbs around here. A lot. Lately I've been getting back into cooking meals that take a little more time and making my own bread (yes...it took 2.5 years after having a kid). Anyway, recently I have found some great bread/roll recipes. My friend Pat shared her beer bread recipe with me:
3 Cups Self-Rising Flour
3 Tablespoonds Sugar
12 ounces of beer

Mix those three things together and pour 3 T melted butter over it, bake at 350 for 45 minutes and you have a winner. I also found the BEST biscuits. I am told they're like the ones at Red Lobster, but I've never been there. And finally I found some dinner rolls that I think are amazing. I always bought the sister shubert's frozen rolls at Kroger because they are seriously awesome and I couldn't make anything that tasted that good. Enter this dinner roll recipe. I usually don't like Martha Stewart's recipes because there's always one pretentious ingredient that costs a lot and you only use for that one recipe. But not this time:) I like her baking book because it's detailed, but I'm cheap so I don't use half the recipes in that book! The Parker House Rolls will for sure be a staple in this house from now on.

No comments: