Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nono


Ian's nickname for Noah is nono. At first I didn't like it, but now Mary says it too and I find myself saying it! I was thinking today how unfortunate it is for him to be born second. How unfortunate it is for any child really. I don't give him as much attention as I gave Mary as a baby. Nor do I put as much thought into what he's doing or isn't doing as far as milestones and developmental achievements. But the amount of time I spend worrying about development has no relation at all to the love I have for my kids. I worried about and fussed over Mary all the time. I only do that a little bit with Noah. But I love them equally.

Then I was thinking God didn't mess up by giving him to me. And that includes the fact that he planned Noah to be our second kid. That's a very encouraging fact. There's a reason Noah was born second and it will surely be a factor in shaping who he becomes. He benefits from the fact that I am much more knowledgeable and experienced as a mom now. He also benefits from all the loving he gets from his sister. So I guess I'm OK with it after all!