Friday, November 7, 2008

Big girls sleep through the night!

Last night...for the first time ever...Mary slept through the night. And by through the night I mean I fed her at 10:30, then she slept til 6:30! AWOOHOO!! There is much rejoicing in the Lubbers house this morning. Although I know this doesn't mean she will do it every night from this point on, I'm pretty excited! This weekend is fall weekend for young life which means Mary gets to stay with aunt Amber all day tomorrow and Ian and I get to go have fun!!! Will post with pictures on Monday probably!

On a political note (because who doesn't have something to say about the election?!?): for the first time in my life the guy I picked won! Granted, I've only been interested in two elections before this one, but this time it's OBAMACITY and I'm the mayor ;) My sophomore year in high school (when W ran for the first time) I was one of 4 liberals in a World Issues class with 30 kids in it. Not to mention there was only one other sophomore, a fellow liberal. The rest were juniors and seniors. I felt so bullied because of what I believed. I think mostly because I was younger, it might have been in my head. And then last time, I was on Miami's campus which is full of upper-middle class kids who's parents have them convinced that if you're not a republican you should be shunned (please no hate responses, I realize I'm totally stereotyping, but this is how it felt for me). So it feels good that this time there are others that agree with me! It's always good to feel like you're not alone! Go get 'em Obama. My prayers are with you and our country!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Yay sleeping babies!

And yay B-rock!