Thursday, December 16, 2010

Awakening

I've been listening to this song a lot on youtube:

It is so good. About 10.5 years ago I first heard about having a relationship with Christ. This was foreign to me because I thought God was just about rules. That I just had to be good and that's all He wanted from me. But that is so far from the truth. We had a prayer gathering last week with some people from my church and someone prayed for me. He said that God wanted to be my comfort. The next day I read this from Isaiah 43:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.
This is how God feels about us. He wants more than rule followers. That song puts into words what I felt 10 years ago when I decided that I wanted more with God. I wanted to know him and he awakened my soul. Who doesn't want that? To really feel alive? Thank you Jesus for making that possible!

Oh, and as a side note, when I got on the computer this morning this article was up:) Pretty sure my husband is amazing.

No comments: