Wednesday, November 4, 2009

funny stories

I'm sure there will be more, but so far we have two funny stories while here in Atlanta. On Monday while giving Mary and Cara a bath, Cara was filling a cup with water and pouring it on her hair. Now, Cara is almost 25 months and Mary is 14.5 months so Cara is a little more physically able to do things like pour water on her head, than Mary is. So I asked Cara if she wanted to pour water on Mary's head. Cara said yes, filled up the cup, then flung the entire cup of water right into Mary's face. It was so funny to watch, it still makes me laugh thinking about it. Mary looked so shocked when Cara did that, after she stopped sputtering and coughing from all the water in her face that is.

Then tonight I was changing Mary for bedtime and she had a big poopy. She has been REALLY squirmy for changes lately so I've been holding her down with my leg over her chest (I know, borderline child abuse). However, I forgot to this time. I also need to mention that Cara was in the room trying to get ready for a bath. So I pull the straps off Mary's diaper and she immediately reaches down and sticks her hand in her poop. I was so grossed out I just grabbed her poop covered hand and reached for a wipe, when I looked back at her (after the millisecond it took to get the wipe) she had grabbed the diaper with her other hand. I mean she pulled the whole diaper out from under herself. So in one hand I have her dirty poop hand and in the other I have the wipe. I dropped the wipe and grabbed the diaper. At this point Cara starts crying, "help help!" I look over and she is trying to get her pants off but she can't get them around her shoes that she can't get off! I told her to sit down and wait for her daddy who was coming to give her a bath. She proceeds to throw a fit. So I set the diaper down and clean most of the poop off of Mary then re-diaper her, all the while I'm trying to convince Cara that she WILL, in fact, make it through this and she just needed to be patient.

But that's not it: I take Cara's shoes off and pick Mary up to go wash her hands, because a baby wipe is honestly not sanitizing hands or anything! We go into the bathroom and I put Mary on the edge of the sink to wash her hands. All she had on at this point was a diaper. So I turn the water on and get her hands all soapy, and she skoots forward a couple inches and sinks right into the sink and the water which is flowing out of the spout. Awesome.

Luckily Cara's daddy had come in to wash her by that point. I was honestly laughing pretty hard because of the circumstances. But i couldn't reach a towel either so I just picked Mary up and took one for the team. This is a good illustration of why God gave people two parents. So when something like this happens to one, she can tag team with the other:) With that said, we are missing daddy this week. I'm sure he's having a peaceful time without us though! It is also a good illustration of why people don't naturally have kids 10 months apart (well most of the time). It just gets crazy!

1 comment:

michelle said...

I love imagining her just throwing water in Mary's face. that's so funny!