Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why God gave us Mary:

The other day I was reading in Psalms and Psalm 105:19 says, "Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the Lord tested Joseph's character." Joseph went through a lot of crap in life, but he wouldn't have been who he was, or had the faith that he did without going through all that stuff. Not that having a baby is anywhere near as hard as what he went through, but it reminded me that in order to grow, we have to go through hard things. For example, if you want to play soccer, you have to practice a lot to be good right? So if you want to have patience, you need opportunities to practice having patience. I think this is one of the big reasons that God gave us a fussy baby.

Another reason I think is because I was really judgmental before I had Mary. I still can be, but seeing how hard it can be and seeing how quickly some of the things I was SO adamant about before I had her just crumble when she's screaming, I've learned that I have no room to judge. And if I can't judge someone for simple things like that, why judge at all???

OK, enough of that. Here are some pictures:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

C. Randall Waters said...

She sure is beautiful! Have I told you how happy I am for you and Ian!