Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's not a beer belly...

People are definitely starting to notice that I'm pregnant. Yesterday Amber and I took two walks around the neighborhood. On the first, one of my neighbors asked us how we were doing and then said, "well you three have a nice walk!" and then laughed and said, "you're pregnant right?" I told him yeah then thought about what a risky little question that is! I've been very tempted to tell people I've just been drinking a lot lately. On the second walk we passed another neighbor and he said, "Walking him out?" and then laughed at himself and kept walking. I can only assume he was talking about the baby...

So it's just weird to me that people are noticing now, and commenting on it. I like it because I definitely feel more pregnant, but I didn't realize I was big enough for people to think, 'oh she's definitely pregnant.' Who knew?! I'm also trying to think of some fun come backs to the "are you pregnant?" question from strangers. Anyone have any ideas?

1 comment:

stef shaffer said...

megan!!!! i just found your blog! it is making me miss you SO much!!! and after seeing that no one has left comments on thos post it made me realize you NEED my wit in your life. so with that said, here are some great snappy come backs to those strangers who ask, "are you prego"
1. why are you looking at my uterus?
2. no. and stare blankly
3. no i have elephantiasis of the belly button.
4. yes, but dont tell my husband.
5. the classic, "is that a fat joke?"
6. why, are you?
7. my sex life is none of your business!